Testosterone is the primary male sex hormone and also an anabolic steroid. It is the hormone responsible for the development and proper functioning of the male reproductive system like the testes and prostate. It imparts the secondary sexual characteristics in the male body anatomy, for example, development of the facial hair increased strength of bones and muscles etc. The entire testosterone metabolism is regulated and balanced to handle the sexual functionalities of the males. However, any imbalances in the same would lead to disruptions in normal functioning. This article discusses further testosterone misbalancing and details about the testosterone booster.
The symptoms of low testosterone level
Following are some of the symptoms that might indicate low testosterone levels in the body: –
- Reduced sexual arousal or sex drives with the partner or feeling shy to indulge in any sexual activity
- Erectile dysfunction, i.e. problems in the erection of the male sex organ during sexual activity
- Reduced energy levels and increased tiredness of the body
- Loss of body and facial hairs during the youth phase
- Irritation and frequent mood changes concerning the surroundings
- Falling into depression more often and not able to handle the regular stress of the life
- Lower muscle strength and feeling of a sense of low-being
The symptoms mentioned above are indicators of the problem, and hence one must not overlook the same. Timely detection and cure for the problem are very important.
A testosterone booster is mainly of the following two different types and is used based on the level of imbalance in the body: –
- Testosterone replacement therapy
It includes the therapy course that helps the males deal with the low levels of testosterone in the body. It includes a course prepared by a qualified doctor of the field followed by the affected male in the specified period. However, it might pose some side effects in the form of rashes and pain in the areas where the therapy is given.
- Testosterone supplements
These are the supplements that are advised to be taken in order to improve the levels of the testosterone inside of the body. These can be of the following types: –
- The skin patch is worn on the arm or upper body and is applied only once a day.
- Testosterone gels that are absorbed directly through the skin and improve the levels of the hormone inside of the body
- Mouth patch stuck to the upper gums of the mouth
- Injections and implants gave at the regular and specified intervals during the entire therapy course
This, in turn, becomes a benefit for both parties, The consumers because they get to buy stuff cheaply and the business owners because they get more sales because of this.